Samantha Horn is a harpist, educator, and writer based in Chapel Hill, NC. She holds a Master of Arts in Musicology from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, where she also studied harp with Laura Byrne. Previously, she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Music from Macalester College in St. Paul, MN, and studied harp performance abroad at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
Samantha has performed with a variety of professional and volunteer/student ensembles in the Triangle and beyond, including:
- UNC Harp Ensemble (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Duke Symphony Orchestra (Durham, NC)
- Cantari (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Triangle Wind Ensemble (Cary, NC)
- Mobile Symphony (Mobile, Alabama)
- Pensacola Opera (Pensacola, FL)
- UNC Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra (Niceville, FL)
- Macalester Orchestra and Concert Choir (St. Paul, MN)
- Gulf Coast Harp Ensemble (Destin, FL)
Classically trained, Samantha is comfortable in genres ranging from folk traditions to contemporary pop. She is available to play for a variety of events, including weddings, private parties, fundraisers, and religious services.